cnCalc计算器论坛

找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 5780|回复: 4

[Nspire] Customize your TI-Nspire CX/CM boot screen at last!

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-10-5 08:01:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 critor 于 2013-10-5 18:55 编辑

In a previous news, we were focusing on the TI-Nspire CX/CM startup screens.
Unlike monochrome TI-Nspire, these calculators include a graphical data stream in the first pages of their NAND memory chip, a part called the Manuf zone. That stream is used during startup by both Boot1 and Boot2.

So far, we could dump up to three different samples of this data stream:
  • on production TI-Nspire CX/CM
  • on TI-Nspire CM EVT prototypes
  • on TI-Nspire CX EVT prototypes

13740749571372238947manuf_cx.jpg 13740751401372239094manuf_cmevt1.jpg 1374071024color_manuf.jpg

It turns out that the content format has remained exactly the same.
This graphical data flow in RGB-565 has remained a mystery for a long time because it is not visible in NAND dumps. Indeed, it is compressed - but we're not surprised to discover that it's the same compression format as the Boot2, which avoids the small Boot1 to have to manage various decompression algorithms.

This flow is also signed with the same RSA keys as the Boot2, Diagnostics software or OS. That means that it's going to be rejected in case of modifications, and the calculator in this case boots with a default screen similar to the one on monochrome TI-Nspire.
And yet, today is a great day. I'm releasing a tool which will probably be my penultimate Ndless 3.1 program, mySpire, a splash screen editor for the TI-Nspire CX/CM! {:thumbsup:}

How is this possible ?
The startup screen does actually include a maximum of 12 displayable elements which are extracted from the signed data stream. On the data streams we could dump, only 8 of these elements are being used.
WT1dik5.jpg RfvBw08.jpg fhxBqgz.jpg

And all the parameters about these elements (position, size, part of the data stream...) are unsigned and therefore freely editable!  {:thumbsup:}

We can therefore move all of these elements, and even reuse a part of an element in another one!  {:thumbsup:}
aKAAWPi.jpg

In fact, the logic is completely different from the one of an image editor, because here you're controling the container instead of the content.
But after an adaptation phase you will realize, however, that we can still do very cool effects.

By expanding an element horizontally, one can for example tilt it to the right or reduce it and even make it appear several times!  {:thumbsup:}
EjViSH9.jpg jg3XFJo.jpg mzut8RW.jpg

By compressing element instead, you can tilt it to the left or enlarge it!  {:thumbsup:}
j9XuWin.jpg yxLQSdL.jpg

There's even an option to shift the RGB-565 and get new colors!  {:thumbsup:}
aa7lWjH.jpg

And as Texas Instruments kindly left us 4 free items, by borrowing to uniform areas of the data stream areas we can build fun shapes for example! {:thumbsup:}
mZU38x2.jpg

Note that mySpire is a simple file editor. The changes will be applied to the calculator once you flash the modified Manuf image to the NAND memory using another tool like nsNandMgr.
You are therefore free to take all the time necessary to train yourself, to get use to the logic of the RGB-565 date stream containers modifications, and to create your customized boot screen in several times!  {:thumbsup:}

With mySpire and nsNandMgr, your TI-Nspire CX/CM becomes finally yours and you can customize it according to your desires!  {:thumbsup:}

It is also an excellent way to mark your calculator against theft, since there is no official way to cancel the changes.
The only way to rollback is to flash a backup of the original Manuf image using nsNandMgr again.

Look at this... Isn't it beautiful? ;)

And for those who think to a simple trick with mViewer displaying image, here is a Youtube video for those who can watch it, showingyou the creation and flashing of another custom boot screen: ;)
(jump to 8'45 to see directly the reboot with the custom splash screen)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?fea ... edded&v=T6CxFMPK7Vc

Downloads:
mySpire
nsNandMgr

Source:
http://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=13071&lang=en

发表于 2013-10-5 11:42:48 | 显示全部楼层
Awesome job,thank you Critor.{:thumbsup:}
How did you drawn the big I and the heart?
It seems the version 1.01 does not provide any paint function.
发表于 2013-10-5 14:05:17 | 显示全部楼层
Is it available for Nspire Clickpad or Touchpad?
发表于 2013-10-5 14:40:33 | 显示全部楼层
yzskyt 发表于 2013-10-5 14:05
Is it available for Nspire Clickpad or Touchpad?

No,the startup screen of monochrome type is not stored in manuf zone.
You can not do that in the same way of CX.
 楼主| 发表于 2013-10-5 19:02:06 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 critor 于 2013-10-5 20:10 编辑
六合江山QQ 发表于 2013-10-5 11:42
Awesome job,thank you Critor.
How did you drawn the big I and the heart?
It seems the ...

The heart is made of 4 rectangles using parts of the red data you can see on the bottom of the screen.

The I is just the progress bar background which has been moved and resized.
As you can see on the photo, there is no progress bar background anymore. I needed 5 elements for this and TI left us only 4 unused elements. So I needed to reuse one of their 8 used elements, here the progress bar background.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|cnCalc计算器论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 16:32 , Processed in 0.070186 second(s), 25 queries .