找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 9204|回复: 7

[Nspire] Unlock/switch your TI-Nspire region code

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-7-7 21:21:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 critor 于 2013-7-7 22:35 编辑

Like DVDs, the TI-Nspire are using region codes.

The region code takes the form of a 2-5 characters language code (ISO 639 format) flashed in the NAND first pages ('manuf' zone, for manufacturer).
This code identifies the default calculator language and by extension its region.
For example, TI-Nspire CX-C calculators sold in China are flashed with the 'zh_CN' (simplified chinese) code, which lets the OS identify them correctly.
nspirecxc2.jpg
uAFMrVC.jpg

So everything is already ready for a TI-Nspire CX.fr maybe someday ;)
The current TI-Nspire OSes are supporting 16 different language codes and so 16 zones:
  • ar: arab (TI-Nspire 3.3 systems only)
  • da: danish
  • de: german
  • en: english (international)
  • en_GB: english (United Kingdom)
  • es: spanish
  • fi: finnish
  • fr: french
  • it: italian
  • nl: dutch
  • nl_BE: flemish
  • no: norwegian
  • pt: portuguese
  • sv: swedish
  • zh_CN: simplified chinese (China)
  • zh_TW: traditional chinesel (Taïwan)

Region codes are a digital rights management technique designed to allow to control aspects of a release, including content, release date, and price, according to the region.
For example, Texas Instruments a released a chinese-english dictionnary which only installs on TI-Nspire CX-C.
But this can also be used the other way, removing some features for some regions. For example TI-Nspire CX-C and CM-C only let you select 4 of the 16 supported languages: both chinese languages and both english languages.
fPmxq7j.jpg

Today, you become able to modify/remove your TI-Nspire region code thanks to the latest version of nsNandMgr, the TI-Nspire NAND utility, now updated with new features and TI-Nspire CM support.
You can unlock the region code of your TI-Nspire CX-C, allowing you to use all 16 supported languages.
Same thing is possible with the TI-Nspire CM-C, resulting into a supported but unreleased model - a TI-Nspire CM!

The other way, you can mod your TI-Nspire CX into a TI-Nspire CX-C, allowing you to install the english-chinese dictionnary.
c36dsdt.jpg

As far as I know it's useless, but the same thing is possible with TI-Nspire ClickPad/TouchPad and you can mod your TI-Nspire CX into a TI-Nspire CX.fr or an arab TI-Nspire CX too, if those possible models are someday realeased with specific features.
f5cJYZl.jpg

Source & download: http://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12618&lang=en
发表于 2013-7-7 21:26:29 | 显示全部楼层
Great discovery!{:thumbsup:}
发表于 2013-7-8 11:25:30 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
This is another way to convert cx to cxc?or,you means it was how cx2cxc.tns work?

点评

you means...  发表于 2013-7-8 13:50
发表于 2013-7-8 16:08:32 | 显示全部楼层
I'm a 9750gii user.
 楼主| 发表于 2013-7-8 21:28:48 | 显示全部楼层
DAS 发表于 2013-7-8 11:25
This is another way to convert cx to cxc?or,you means it was how cx2cxc.tns work?

I don't know how cx2cxc was working.

But unlike this tool, nsNandMgr supports all models and convertions:
cx to cx-c
cm to cm-c
cx-c to cx
cm-c to cm
 楼主| 发表于 2013-7-9 18:44:18 | 显示全部楼层
cx2cxc was written by Levak but I didn't cooperate with him on this tool.

Levak's cx2cxc is a temporary mod in RAM (cancelled on the next reboot).
nsNandMgr is a permanent mod in NAND (you need to restart nsNandMgr to undo the mod).
发表于 2015-2-21 18:46:43 | 显示全部楼层
英文水平不够,看不懂啊,能不能来一个中文翻译?
发表于 2015-2-23 20:51:04 | 显示全部楼层
It's a good way to practice my English.
It's very interesting.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|cnCalc计算器论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 17:34 , Processed in 0.063855 second(s), 22 queries .